Friday, May 29, 2015

Chia and Slique for a healthy body

Chia seed is one of those 'super foods' you have likely read a lot about.



Have you ever tried them?

I find them weird, and yet oddly addicting in a drink.  Generally I will soak a few teaspoons or so in coconut water or juice and add them to a smoothie, and they go pretty well undetected, but today I decided to make a 'bubble tea' of sorts with them.  


I love bubble tea, but here in Canada it can be really tricky to find those great big tapioca pearls, and I've NEVER found the black pearls here....ever.  I will keep looking, but for now, I'll make do with chia bubble tea, because I know it packs a serious health punch, and I can source chia easily.  I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking this drink pictured below is going to be comparable with bubble tea you might order at your favourite smoothie place. But even if you can get your favourite bubble tea easily, I still suggest you give this a go....it's refreshing on a hot day, and soooo good for you!

This is a really hydrating, protein rich light drink that is a fantastic source of energy.

Make sure you give your chia at least 5-10 minutes to soak and find its jelly before you start sipping though!



In here is a heaping tablespoon of chia seeds, with about 5 drops of Young Living Slique dripped onto the chia.  Then I just added icy cold water from the fridge and let it sit about 5-10 minutes until I stirred it all up.  I have a hard time getting more than one gulp down without stopping to chew on the seeds though. It sure slows down the time it takes me to finish it off!

Slique Essence from Young Living:

Slique Essence combines grapefruit, tangerine, lemon, spearmint, and ocotea with stevia extract in a unique blend that supports healthy weight management goals. These ingredients work together to help control hunger*, especially when used in conjunction with Slique Tea or the Slique Kit. The pleasant citrus combination of grapefruit, tangerine, and lemon essential oils adds a flavorful and uplifting element to any day with the added support of spearmint that may help with digestion.* Ocotea essential oil adds an irresistible, cinnamon-like aroma to help control hunger, while stevia adds an all-natural sweetener that provides a pleasant taste with no added calories.


Slique Essence and Chia together are a great way to get started on the early summer slim-down if you're a little behind on that, like I am this year.


From MEDICAL NEWS TODAY

Nutritional breakdown of chia seeds

According to the USDA National Nutrient Database, one ounce of chia seeds (approximately 28 grams) contains 138calories, 8 grams of fat, 12 grams of carbohydrate, 10 grams of fiber and 5 grams of protein.
Eating one ounce of chia seeds per day would provide 18% of daily calcium needs, 27% of phosphorus, 30% of manganese and smaller amounts of potassium, zinc and copper.
When compared to flaxseed, chia seeds provide more omega-3s, calcium, phosphorus and fiber - all essential nutrients that most people are not getting enough of.

So, do you Chia?  If so, do you do anything special with it?  


I am a Young Living Independent Distributor, which means I buy my essential oils at the wholesale price rather than the retail price. I save 24% off retail, receive discounted shipping, and can earn free products through the Essential Rewards program as well as the ability to earn commissions. 

If you would like to become an Independent Distributor, I would love to sponsor you!  You can click HERE and enter 2066298 in the “Sponsor  and Enroller ID” boxes. 
I am always happy to answer any questions!  
Email me at thepureoil@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment