Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Delicious Oily Asian Noodles



I have been turning to my essential oils more and more in the kitchen these days!  

I'm especially enjoying making some very simple quick dishes that are still super yummy!

I make up the sauce for this, and keep it in a jar in the fridge.  In fact, it's amazing served cold, I think I like it even better cold than when I've had it served hot.  

There are a million ways you can alter this recipe, and in fact I used this recipe I found on Pinterest from A Small Snippet as inspiration for mine.  Many people have tried her recipe and made loads of tweaks, but here I'll share mine!  

I named my version Delicious OILY Asian Noodles, because of the essential oils in them.  The sauce is actually not excessively oily as both the honey and the peanut butter emulsify the oils really well.  It thickens up quite nicely in the fridge. Sometimes if I leave it in the fridge for a few days I can see a layer of oil at the top, but just shake it up!  
Letting it sit in the fridge mingles the flavours for an even better taste.

I don't cook wheat noodles anymore since our daughter had to go gluten free over five years ago, and of course with a sauce such as this, rice noodles seemed the way to go anyway.  My inspiration recipe uses wheat spaghetti though, and you can certainly use regular noodles if you don't have, or aren't fond of the rice noodles.  





Oh. So. Good!!!


Delicious Oily Asian Noodles
Ingredients:
Rice noodles cooked according to package directions.
(I like a very fine, thin noodle, but a pad Thai noodle would be equally as yummy!)
Sauce
½ cup toasted sesame oil
¼ tsp crushed chilies (or more to taste, but ¼ tsp is a very mild heat)

¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup honey
1-3 drops *ginger essential oil (I use Young Living.  Make sure the EO is safe to consume.)
1-3 drops lemongrass essential oil (I use Young Living.  Make sure the EO is safe to consume.)

To make sauce add toasted sesame oil and crushed chilies to a sauce pan.  Warm over medium heat about 2 minutes (use more chilies if you like it HOT!)  Run oil through a strainer to remove chilies and compost them.   Return the chili infused toasted sesame oil to the same saucepan and add the next three remaining sauce ingredients with heat off.  Stir to melt peanut butter and honey and incorporate.  Once it is all incorporated and cooling a bit, add in the Ginger and Lemongrass essential oils to taste. 
The essential oils just take the flavor over the top!

Serve  sauce over noodles and top with crushed peanuts if you wish. 

This dish is very good warm, but I prefer it served cold.  Toss sauce with noodles and refrigerate until cold.

*The ginger essential oil is only available through the US order, not the Canadian order at this time.




And here's a closeup of the Yum!




How have you used essential oils in your kitchen?


I am a Young Living Independent Distributor, which means I buy my essential oils at the wholesale price rather than the retail price. I save 24% off retail, receive discounted shipping, and can earn free products through the Essential Rewards program as well as the ability to earn commissions. 

If you would like to become an Independent Distributor, I would love to sponsor you!  You can click HERE and enter 2066298 in the “Sponsor  and Enroller ID” boxes. 
I am always happy to answer any questions!   thepureoil@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment