Friday, October 7, 2016

Let's bake some GLUTEN FREE Banana Bread!

Today was a good day to heat up the oven and bake up some Gluten Free banana Bread.

I decided to stray a bit from recipes of the past and play with an attempt at making it just a wee bit healthier. 




This is the result. It's yummy!



I have over the years moved away from mashing bananas with a fork to just tossing them in the blend with the rest of the wet ingredients. I find it makes a perfectly smooth banana bread, and that's how my crew prefers it.  




 Once that's all blended up, we pour it into the dry which have already been whisked together.







Mix that up, then I like to toss a hand full of Gluten Free oats in....it's not scientific.  A hand full is perfect. :)
\





Then add a hand full of chocolate chips too. :)







Pour into your loaf pan, and to top it off, a spoon full of raw cane sugar adds crunch and sweetness and takes the whole thing over the top. 





About 25-45 minutes later you pull this out of the oven.  OMGosh!  Soooo good.







Now, let's have a look at the health-ified ingredients!

*1 1/2 cups gluten free flour blend (with xanthan gum already in it.  Otherwise, add 1/2 tsp xanthan gum as well)
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp of pink Himalayan salt

2 large bananas
2/3 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 cup raw cane sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 cup coconut oil

Optional
Hand full of certified gluten free rolled oats
Hand full of chocolate chips (gluten free of course!)



Mix the first three ingredients in a large bowl with a whisk.

Put everything in the bottom block of ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.

Pour the contents of the blender over the dry ingredients and incorporate it.  Then add the optional oats and chocolate chips if you elect to use them, then pour into prepared pans.

(This one recipe made the two small loaves and the one large loaf)

Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for approximately 25 minutes for smaller loaves, and 45-50 minutes for large loaf.

*I use Selections brand Gluten Free flour blend that I buy in Canada at Food Basics.  It's generally $5 per kilo, and I have found it to work well for quick breads.  It does have xanthan gum already blended in. You can also find Selections brand at Metro here  in Canada.  If you have a favourite blend, try it in the recipe and tell us about it!


**This would also make fantastic muffins, and would likely take about 20 minutes for regular sized muffins to bake.

This turned out delicious, and now the wheels are really turning for me on how to incorporate other healthy harvest goodies in quick breads and muffins.  I will hopefully play some more this Thanksgiving weekend and share my results!


 I am a Young Living Independent Distributor, which means I buy my essential oils at the wholesale price rather than the retail price. I save 24% off retail, receive discounted shipping, and can earn free products through the Essential Rewards program as well as the ability to earn commissions. 

If you would like to become an Independent Distributor, I would love to sponsor you!  You can click HERE and enter 2066298 in the “Sponsor  and Enroller ID” boxes. 
I am always happy to answer any questions!  
Email me at thepureoil@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment